For a Middle East Group run by a team of highly skilled employees to service the international oil and gas industry with a work force of +3.000 across 24 countries throughout the world.
Phénicia Conseil Group is looking for a
SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER:
You will be responsible for the control of own work and that of any allocated resources to meet agreed technical, quality, cost and schedule requirements. As Senior Design Engineer you will be responsible for the leadership and management of design projects.
- Lead product line project development with the effort to support market needs and profitability goals.
- Ensure excellence in Engineering through the use of best practice methods, processes and tools.
- Ensure all product designed comply with the appropriate industry and customer standards (criteria & revision).
- Limit exposure to Product Liability by ensuring sound Engineering practices.
- Lead and implement product standardisation to produce both Wireline, Well Testing and well service products with >98% accurate BOM in first go, using configurable sub-assemblies while making sure to produce most competitive product.
- Review and approve technical documentation including but not limited to change orders and requests, drawings, specifications, calculations, bills of material, test plans and technical reports.
- Establish balanced scorecard metrics and continuously monitor to improve team performance and alignment to region and divisional goals.
- Utilize a broad base of knowledge to rapidly and efficiently design, develop, test, maintain and continuously improve products and reliability.
- Lead the generation of new ideas and document them appropriately for possible patent protection or to reserve as trade secrets.
- Report on progress of projects and identify critical issues that need to be addressed utilizing sound communication skills.
- Manage direct personnel development including performance reviews, training plans, and development needs.
- Promote teamwork with manufacturing engineers, supply chain, and planners to ensure proper handoff of designs to manufacturing teams for customer orders.
- Maintain close liaison with the sales and marketing functions and end customers, as related to application reviews, new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, customer prototype qualification test requirements and resolving product performance deficiencies.
- Rapidly respond to both customer and internal technical support needs.
- Must be independent to prepare FAT procedures, analyze results and write clear reports with recommendations for improvement if required.
- Knowledge of requirements for qualifying as per international standards such as ISO 9001 and APIQ1.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 5/8 years work experience in similar role
- Oil & Gas services equipment manufacturing back ground required.
- Experience in design and developing engineering solutions for slickline, wireline and other well services/testing equipment.
- Mechanical design and manufacturing process experience.
- Sound knowledge in Hydraulic power packs, winches etc.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Effective communication skills with all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in engineering principles.
- Positive, self-motivated and proactive team leader with proven team management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to express ideas.
- Ability to ensure the team achieves programme deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or directly related field of study, Master’s degree in a technical discipline a plus.
To apply: email@example.com
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org