Nom de la société : Group multi-national that is developing large construction projects in Africa
Phénicia Conseil for a Group multi-national that is developing large construction projects in Africa related to Housing, Social Equipment’s, hospitals and Infrastructures is looking in Angola for a:
Project Director – Dams Construction
Belas, Luanda, AO Expat employment
Conduct analysis to determine the viability of dam projects. Evaluate the environmental, geological, and hydrological conditions of potential dam sites.
Asses the economic and social impacts of dam construction.
- Design and Engineering
Participate in the process for dam designs, including structural and hydraulic components.Ensure that designs meet regulatory and safety standards.
Address geological and geotechnical challenges. Oversee the preparation of construction plans and specifications.
- Regulatory Compliance
Navigate and comply with local standards, regulations and permitting processes.
Work with regulatory agencies to obtain necessary permits and approvals.
- Risk Assessment and Safety
Conduct risk assessments to identify potential hazards and vulnerabilities. Develop and implement safety measures and emergency response plans. · Ensure that dams meet safety standards and guidelines.
- Construction Management
Supervise dam construction activities. Monitor progress, quality, and budget compliance. Resolve construction-related issues and challenges.
- Cost Estimation and Budgeting
Prepare cost estimates and budgets for dam projects. Monitor project costs and financial performance.
- Quality Control and Assurance
Implement quality control measures to ensure the integrity of the dam structure
Conduct inspections and testing to verify construction quality.
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment
Evaluate and mitigate the environmental and social impacts of dam projects.
Develop and oversee environmental management plans.
- Hydrology and Hydraulics
Analyze and model hydraulic conditions. Design spillways, outlets, and other hydraulic structures.
- Operations and Maintenance
Develop dam operation and maintenance plans. Ensure routine inspections and maintenance activities are carried out. Provide training to dam operators and maintenance staff.
- Emergency Response and Crisis Management
Develop emergency response plans and procedures.· Coordinate crisis management in case of dam failures or emergencies.
- Consulting and Client Relations
Provide expert advice to clients and stakeholders. Communicate effectively with project teams, government agencies, and other external stakeholders.
- Legal and Risk Management
Provide legal support related to dam construction and operation.· Manage and mitigate risks associated with dam projects.
- Public Engagement and Stakeholder Communication
Engage with local communities and stakeholders to address concerns and gather input.
Communicate project progress and updates transparently.
Skills and Expériences
- Recognized qualifications within a relevant field: Bsc or Msc Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or a related field (Process Manager / Project Manager).
- Minimum 15 years of experience in big and complex water dam projects, of which at least five years as a Project Director/Project Manager for both the Consultant and Contractors’ international company.
- Advanced knowledge in construction management processes, means and methods of water dams for irrigation and livestock drinking is an advantage.
- Prove knowledge in Dams construction, inspection, and consultation. Advantage with RCC method and or concrete Dams.
- Superior contract management competence and ability to liaise with all project stakeholders, including Owners, Subcontractors, Consulting Engineers, and Financiers etc.
- Understanding all facets of the construction processes from design of a broad range of dam types, including embankment and concrete dams.
- Highly motivated and extremely committed Deep understanding of legal and industry standards.
- Experience working in multicultural companies.
- Using specialized construction management software packages.
- Portuguese and English are a must
To apply send your CV in English to : email@example.com
Pour postuler, envoyez votre CV et votre lettre de motivation par e-mail à firstname.lastname@example.org